For the last four years I’ve had to avoid peppermint because, #breastfeedingproblems. You know what I mean. But this winter I have been celebrating everything peppermint! Hence this peppermint mocha cheesecake recipe. Peppermint and chocolate are just meant to be together, put them in a cheesecake and it’s magic. The perfect kind of magic for the holiday season!
The process is pretty simple, especially if you have a stand mixer but a hand mixer will work just fine. Prep your crust first by mixing melted butter and chocolate graham crackers. Then while it refrigerates make the cheesecake mix.
Ingredients and Process
The ingredient list is pretty straight forward: eggs, cream cheese, sour cream, cocoa, peppermint extract, sugar, and instant coffee. Mix cream cheese well, add the rest of the ingredient and mix very well. Pour into prepared crust and bake!
Bake and Decorate
After baking, cool the peppermint mocha cheesecake in the oven for an hour and then in the fridge for four hours up to eight hours. Then take a few minutes to decorate the entire top for the most magical, show stopping dessert for the main star of the dessert table.
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 3/4 Cup crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1/3 Cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 Eight ounce bricks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/3 Cup cocoa powder
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons of peppermint extract
- 3 Tablespoons of instant coffee
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Dark chocolate bar, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray springform pan and add liner to bottom of pan.
- In medium bowl, mix crushed graham crackers and melted butter.
- When graham crackers are wet through, press gently into bottom of springform pan. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- For filling: In electric mixer add cream cheese and beat until smooth (no lumps left). Add in sugar while mixer is running on low and cream thoroughly.
- Add in cocoa powder, sour cream, vanilla extract, eggs, and peppermint extract and mix.
- Sprinkle in the instant coffee. Mix until smooth
(cheesecakes should have no lumps).
- Gently pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Carefully place cheesecake in oven, bake 38-40 minutes. Cheesecake should still be slightly jiggly in the middle.
- To prevent falling and cracking, turn oven off and let cool in the oven for one hour.
- Remove cheesecake refrigerate for 4 hours. Once cool, garnish cheesecake with grated chocolate, crushed peppermint, and whipped cream.